Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Starcrossed: Perigee

I've just finished reading Tracey Lee Campbell's novel Starcrossed: Perigee. It's the first in a series of three, and I must say, I can't wait until the second and third are released. Now, I'm really not a huge fan of romance novels, but I found myself caught up in this one. This young adult paranormal romance novel comes highly recommended from yours truly.

The characters are all multi-dimensional. Not one falls flat...in fact, most of them intrigued me so much, I found myself wondering if maybe Ms. Campbell would write more about each one. They're like friends you've known forever, but who still have surprising little tidbits you don't know. The main character, Lucy Doyle, is super likable and is very much a teenage girl. The story line is just freaky enough to be interesting, but not so out there as to make me just shrug off this book. The aliens are little gray men, but they have splendid powers of the mind, and twisted logics to their actions, which, all in all, makes them not-your-typical aliens.

I was hesitant about reading and reviewing Starcrossed: Perigee simply because I was afraid I wouldn't get into it, and would not be able to provide an adequate review of it. But, once I started reading, I couldn't stop. The story drew me in, quickly. There's no stopping and starting to the storyline, no sluggish chapters, no dragging lull in the action. Well written, with a great premise, Ms. Campbell's novel is a heart-racing, heart-warming adventure. I can't wait to read the rest of the series!

2 comments:

  1. It is. If you like any kind of paranormal stories, you should check Ms. Campbell's book out. :)

    ReplyDelete